Comprehensive UTI Test
Knowledge is PowerEveryone experiences a urinary tract infection at least once in their lifetime. UTIs accompanied with uncomfortable symptoms are common in both men and women and are caused by bacterial infections. However, UTIs are more common in women than men. Especially if you are a woman and have had a UTI before, you are more likely to experience UTIs more than once in a lifetime. UTIs can be uncomplicated in some individuals and complicated in others, and for some, UTIs are more frequent than others. The proper diagnosis and treatment are crucial to prevent any serious consequences.
UTIs are caused due to several risk factors such as sexual activity, birth control, menopause, recent catheter use, etc. Therefore, it is important to use the correct test that can detect the pathogen(s) causing your UTI so you can get the right treatment the first time. The MyHomeLabs UTI is a PCR-based test that is the most sensitive test to detect urinary tract infections. By taking our PCR-based test, you can be confident that you will be diagnosed correctly through your primary care or by our physicians to get the right treatment to feel better again.
Test PreparationNo preparation is required for this test. Register your test kit and follow the instructions included in the instruction card.
Who should get tested?
Any individual who has the following UTI symptoms:
- Your urine has a strong smell
- You have a strong, persistent urge to urinate
- Your urine looks cloudy
- Your urine has signs of blood in the urine. For example, the urine looks red or bright pink
- When you urinate, you have a burning sensation
- You frequently urinate, and it is painful when you urinate
- You have to frequently urinate in small amounts
- If you are a woman, you have pelvic pain, especially in the center of the pelvis and around the area of the pubic bone
- You are experiencing low abdomen discomfort and pelvic pressure
Note: If you are experiencing severe discomfort and pain, please seek immediate medical care.